Science International Scholarships
Scholarships are available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs in science at UQ.
- Level of study: Undergraduate or Postgraduate (eg Bachelor's or Master's degree).
- Field of study: any program offered by the Faculty of Science. See Appendix 1 in the Terms & Conditions (pdf; 243 KB) for eligible Science programs.
- Citizenship: International students (excludes Australian citizens and permanent residents).
- Applications close: 22 June 2016.
- See the Terms & Conditions (pdf; 243 KB) for further details.
Full Degree Scholarships
- If you enrol in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program.
- Award value: single payment of AU$10,000.
Advanced Standing Scholarships
- If you enrol in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation), for example on the basis of previous study at a Polytechnic.
- Award value: single payment of AU$3,000.
- Be able to be classified as an international student in Australia (Australian permanent residents and Australian citizens are not eligible, and should instead refer to UQ’s domestic scholarship schemes);
- Have an unconditional or a conditional offer (with all conditions met by the closing date of 22 June 2016). To secure your offer, finalise your UQ program application with your education agent or apply online.
- For undergraduate programs, have completed senior high school and have obtained an entry score that equates to a Queensland Tertiary Education rank of 96 or higher. See Appendix 2 in the Terms & Conditions (pdf; 243 KB) for indicative international equivalencies table.
- For postgraduate programs, have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6 or higher on a scale of 7. See Appendix 2 in the Terms & Conditions (pdf; 243 KB) for indicative international equivalencies table.
- Not have already commenced your studies at UQ, even if you seek a change of program.
- For the Full Degree Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program. See Appendix 1 in the Terms & Conditions (pdf; 243 KB) for eligible Science programs.
- For the Advanced Standing Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation). See Appendix 1 in the Terms & Conditions (pdf; 243 KB) for eligible Science programs.
Following the closing date, UQ will select winners based on a competitive, merit-based process:
- Selection will be based on candidates’ academic performance as demonstrated by their Grade Point Averages (GPA);
- as well as their potential to contribute to science, assessed on the basis of their personal statements.
How to apply
For either the Full Degree Scholarships and the Advanced Standing Scholarship options:
1. Lodge an official UQ undergraduate or postgraduate application form for international students for entry into one of the eligible Science programs (listed in Appendix 1 in the Terms & Conditions) (pdf; 243 KB) either directly to UQ or through your agent.
2. Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the closing date of 22 June 2016).
3. Complete and submit the Science International Scholarship online application form.
22 June 2016 for a Semester 2 (July) commencement
Incomplete applications or applications which are found to be inaccurate, false or misleading will not be considered.
Wherever possible, UQ will notify applicants within two weeks of the scholarship closing date of the result of their applications.
Enquiries about this scholarship
Julia Wright, Engagement Officer (International), Faculty of Science