To ensure a safe and enjoyable trip, you should check weather conditions and tides as early as possible. Please take note of the below when planning your boat trip:
- Are there any weather warnings in your boating area?
- Are there weather conditions affecting safe navigation and comfort?
- What are the wind trends?
- What are the wave conditions?
- When is the next high and low tide?
The Queensland Government maintain wave monitoring buoys to measure height and direction of waves along the Queensland coast.
Beacon to Beacon
The government sponsored Beacon to Beacon publication is available for free download.