2015 UQ Secondary School Science and Mathematics Program
A professional development program for secondary school teachers and school laboratory technicians
3rd December 2015
Secondary school science and maths teachers and school laboratory technicians are invited to participate in this practical, hands-on program to develop or update key teaching skills and knowledge.
Building on previous successful programs, the 2015 program offers workshops covering Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics, and the 7-10 and senior curriculum. Experimental and analytical activities held in The University of Queensland's teaching laboratories and facilities will be facilitated by the University's specialist lecturers, practical demonstrators, and curriculum and pedagogical experts.
When: Thursday 3rd December 2015
Where: The University of Queensland, St Lucia campus
Cost: $135 per person
Enquiries: Dr Arti Singh, email@example.com
About the program
This 7-hour program will assist participants with:
- laboratory competencies applicable in experimental design, data acquisition and analysis
- the application of quantitative analytical skills through an interdisciplinary focus on data analysis
- developing and delivering the year 7-10 curriculum and managing the transition to secondary teaching
- current developments in the national curriculum
- student transition to university
During the day participants will attend two workshop sessions, a facilitated curriculum-focussed panel discussion and a TeachMeet session, and will hear from an expert keynote speaker in curriculum design.
Lunch and afternoon tea will be provided with plenty of opportunities for sharing ideas for work programs and assessment, and networking with colleagues and professional tertiary educators.
This program meets AITSL professional standards 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, 3.2, 3.4, 6.2, 6.3 and 7.4 for teachers.